How can you tell if you are a perfectionist?
A Perfectionist is someone who holds the underlying belief that perfection can be attained and it should be. Many people in our world today are perfectionists or have been perfectionists at some point in their lives. Personally, I’m not a perfectionist but I’m a person who strives for excellence, always setting the highest standards for myself and never expecting anything less to be a world-class person.
*Are you a perfectionist or a person of excellence? How can you tell?
1. You are highly conscious and hypocritical of mistakes (perfectionist). You are your harshest critic and have an extremely sharp eye toward details (excellence)
2. You aim to be the best in everything you do (excellence), even is it is something that you are not interested in (perfectionist)
3. You spend a copious amount of time, right down to the last moment to perfect something and you would rather sacrifice your well-being – perfectionist ( such as sleep, eating time etc) than let something be the best in can be in the moment (excellence).
4. You are very conscious of any situation which might give others the perception you are not perfect (perfectionist) rather than being at home with yourself in the moment (excellence).
5. You have an all or nothing approach. If the situation does not allow him/ her to achieve the standard he/she laid out, he/ she will abandon the task because it does not make sense to spend time on something that he/she is not going to conquer (perfectionist) versus learning something from every situation to improve and constantly strive towards excellence.
6. You are defensive toward criticism and have a fear of failure because they suggest imperfection (perfectionist) instead of looking at it as feedback for how you can improve and engage in the process of moving from good to better to best (excellence).
7. You mull over outcomes if they did not turn out as envisioned. You wonder why it wasn’t a different outcome and whether you could have done anything to prevent it (perfectionist). Instead of being grateful for what you were able to achieve and build on that (excellence).
Affirm: I strive for perfection, but settle for excellence
To Listen To Audio Affirmations Click H.I.P. Inspirations
Until Next Time..Check Out Our H.I.P. Living Now Newsletter & Remember
For More Info Email Us At firstname.lastname@example.org
(Any content REPRODUCTION from this blog the author MUST be credited.)