Many times what we learn about love is counterfeit. It is love masquerading as getting our emotional and other needs met and meeting those of others, a reward offered for satisfying our heart’s desires.The first thing to remember is that only through having a deep inner awareness of being love itself are we able to see the distinction between love as a noun and love as a verb, to being itself without a subject or object upon which it is placed or directed.
Without this distinction one can become addicted to what they think is love, but it’s really love masquerading as getting our emotional and other needs met. Many people are addicted to love but real love is not addiction nor is addiction love. Love addiction is unhealthy attachment to people, euphoria, romance or sex in an attempt to get needs met. Or when we unconsciously look to others to fix our fear, pain and discomfort and tolerate or inflict abusive behaviors in the process.
So how does one get out of love addiction:
- Believe that healthy love is possible.
- Be willing to assess your love life honestly.
- Accept that the only person you can change is you!
- Connect the unhealthy aspects of your love life with your inner beliefs and past trauma.
- Change your beliefs to those that encourage healthy love.
- Let go of fear.
- Experience yourself as unconditional love and live it.
Pick up your copy of Charles’ book The H.I.P. Factor here
For our H.I.P. Community meditation call. Register here .
Until Next Time..Check Out Our H.I.P. Living Now Newsletter & Remember
For More Info Email Us At email@example.com.
(Any content REPRODUCTION from this blog the author MUST be credited.)